Monday, April 8, 2013

Yet Another Post Where I Go On About My School

Sorry folks, I just can't help it! I really like these kids and I really like this job. I think this experience is particularly helpful because it is helping to shape my own personal educational goals and my career direction. I think when I return to Canada, I would like to enter the elementary education program at UFV. I think I would like to be an elementary teacher one day, it's just such a positive experience.

Then again, I could go back to Canada and no longer be regarded as the rock star that I am here, on account of blending in much more with the local populace (this will not be true in the future however).

- So, yesterday evening I made tuna cakes/patties for dinner. I have to say, they were really delicious.... but then I couldn't sleep afterwards. Is there like, mounds of energy in tuna cakes? Seriously! I couldn't sleep, I couldn't stay asleep, and then at 4:30am I woke up, ready to run a marthon! What's going on here.....

- Also, I'm getting a bit more creativity these days. I've started to read the TaLK book that I had during orientation here, and that's helping me get some more ideas. Plus, I'm not too worried about whether or not the students find the material enjoyable. I mean, I try to make it interesting, but ultimately, I can't do the learning for them.

- Also, it's been cold here lately! Of course, on the ground in Canada it's much colder (looking at you, Winnipeg), but yesterday it was around 9 degrees and 30km/h winds! Brrr... At least the flowers are blooming, which gives us some solace.

- You know, the Korean accent isn't fair sometimes. I mean, when Koreans say "thatit sounds like "dead". That makes for hilarious conversations... "dead friend?" "Are you dead man?" etcetera.

- I was supposed to go to Jeonju last weekend, but the trip was postponed on account of the rain. It's on for this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. This will not be true in the future however? You have a vision, a plan, an idea, a hope? Tell me more or is a secret. I think whatever you do in the future people will take notice.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, I can't exactly disguise myself in a crowd here, I stick out like a sore thumb, and white people are still a bit of a rarity in the countryside. In Canada however, we have people of all different colours, so I'm not a surprise to anyone.

    ReplyDelete