I went to see the movie Oblivion this morning because it was showing as a matinee at the local Megabox. I managed to be able to secure a ticket through the online reservation system, which is quite a feat in itself--seriously, it's a real pain to navigate websites in Korea, and the system wasn't letting me register my name because of a mismatch in IDs on my cellphone account and the national register (it's a complicated story)--the point is, it's a big deal that this is working finally.
And it was a fantastic movie, I highly recommend it!
I came back home, Skyped with my family for a bit, and then opened the parcel that I received from family members in Moncton. They sent me many goodies from home, it was a really nice afternoon :) I'll take pictures soon.
----------------------------------------------
On another topic, occasionally Koreans will ask me if my hair is natural. I think since I came here the colour has lightened a bit, but apparently it's a desirable shade here. Many Korean women want their hair to be a lighter shade of brown, and many dye it. I've seen probably 2 or 3 blonde Koreans so far, and one of the attendants at the hair shop I go to has her hair dyed gray (it's quite striking actually).
No comments:
Post a Comment