This post isn't very exciting, but I want to write about it for posterity.
I left Australia with some great memories. It was absolutely wonderful to get to know the Sweeneys better and spend time with them--a real treat!
And then the drama started.
First, I made it to the airport 5 minutes before the check-in counter closed. Second, Tullamarine airport is so incredibly confusing. It's like a giant rabbit trail. (I saw an airline employee scold another passenger because she was really holding up a flight) Then my flight was delayed.... At least I had a row to myself at the back of the plane. A nice treat on a 7 hour flight back to SE Asia, except that the headrest on my seat was broken, they didn't let you buy food with cash (what the??) and the pilot didn't make up for their lateness (do they not do that anymore?).
We landed. I had a few hours before my next flight, and I was able to have the best cup of coffee of my life!! As well, I happened to be in a country that sells milk tea.... :):):):):):):) de-stressed.
Then the drama started up again.
The flight was delayed a little bit, but some passengers boarded really late, so we were really late, and then the runway was congested, so we ended up taking off an hour later than we were supposed to :( AND THE PILOT DIDN'T MAKE UP ANY OF IT
We stopped in Taiwan to pick up more people, so everybody had to get off, then get back on. Then we were delayed again, so I ended up getting to Korea after the last bus for Gwangju had left, and the subway had finished service. Ugh. Scoot Airlines has now cost me a night at the airport.
Unfortunately, at Incheon, you can't access the terminal as an arriving passenger, so I couldn't go to a lounge or transit hotel. Luckily, there's a jimjilbang on the basement level with private rooms, so I was at least able to refresh.
But yesterday a Taiwanese hacker tried to access my Google account, so I've been locked out of all my Google services until I get home and can use my cellphone to text-message verify my identity.
I'm finally on a bus back to Gwangju, but the traffic is insane! It's not even a holiday, but we're already delayed by at least an hour :'(
Sorry for writing such a negative post...I'm just really frustrated.
Australia is really nice and so is the Sweeney family. I hope to be able to visit both again one day! :)
There is always good with the bad, that's just life. the real test of a person is how they handle what happens to them, not what happens. I am sure you are super glad to be back at the apartment. What a great trip you had and look you got something to write about in a blog. Even better. Love you
ReplyDeleteMom
David, I really can't complain about the poor West Jet delay and issue we has this summer going to and from BC twice. Thank you for the perspective. Sorry your flight home was gruelling. Remember the great visits and sights. Kathryn
ReplyDelete