Today we're going to the water park in Hwasun (Kumho Aquana).
First of all, there was soooo much traffic on the road this morning on my way to school. Then, when I got to school they were taking forever to let us on the buses. Then Jong Hyeon was late too...
Anyway, we're on the buses now, headed for wet adventure. I hope I don't blind anyone with my ghostlike skin!
---------------------------
So our day at the Waterpark went really well. I had a great time and so did the students. I guess I haven't gone swimming with kids in a long time, but they're fun to have in the pool. Not a lot of Koreans can swim, so most people at the Waterpark wore life jackets. Also, it's mandatory that you wear a swim cap, ugh.
Here's a cultural observance: In Korea, you can go swimming fully clothed! (baseball caps, hoodies, skirts, etc.) Interesting experience. I've heard it's because they don't want to get tanned, or because they don't like the way their body looks. Of course, this level of modesty doesn't apply to the change room. Again, another interesting experience.
Regardless, it was a really fun time. I enjoyed swimming with the kids, holding their hands when it was too deep, showing them how to kick, and picking them up and spinning them around in the water. Fun!
Now English camp is over--Jong Hyeon is done teaching with me, and I'm on a plane to Australia at the moment. I'm going to visit Jackie's family in Melbourne. I'm reeeeally looking forward to it! So far, the plane is 30 minutes delayed, so I hope I can make my connection in Kuala Lumpur.
---------------------------
Okay, so I made my connection in Kuala Lumpur. Now I'm waiting in the low cost carrier terminal (read: human warehouse). I'm really surprised though, there's security checks around every corner! One to get in the transfer hall, one to get in the waiting area for the gate, and one before they let you sit down. They stole my water too :(
Oh well--see you "Daun Undah!"
Moncton indoor pools all require swim caps too :( Would the airport have let you take an empty water bottle through security? I learned in Canada we can only take empty ones through and fill them at the fountain in the waiting room. Have a wonderful visit with Jackie and seeing all that's great about 'down under'
ReplyDelete