Saturday, August 3, 2013

Visiting America

Hey Folks,

Real sorry about the lack of updates. Here's the scoop in brief (I guess you could call it a kid's scoop or something). 

I came to America two weeks ago and went on vacation with the rest of my family to the Oregon coast. We went to the Cannon Beach Christian Camp and Conference Center and listened to some great Biblical teaching while also being able to enjoy the relaxing surroundings of beautiful, natural Oregon. We were fortunate enough to reunite with a family (the Yeagers) we met a few years at this place, and we thoroughly enjoyed their company. 

After Oregon, I came back to Canada with my family, and I was fortunate enough to be able to work with my parents for the rest of my time here. In the evenings, I spent time with family and friends, and we even went to see the movie "The Lone Ranger" on Tuesday. 

Basically, I had a great time. I'm really lucky that God worked it out so that I could leave earlier in July. 

Now, I've returned to South Korea. I was a little nervous the buses to Gwangju would be sold out like last time, but they weren't. I just have to wait an hour for the next one :(

Not gonna lie, I'm depressed because I'm tired of traveling and it's hot and I had to leave my family and a lot of my friends have left Korea for good and just like last year I'm wasting my birthday on a plane. However, Johnny is still here, which I'm so very grateful for, and I can look forward to crashing at my apartment when I get home, and it's only a 6 month contract which isn't that long after all. 

Count your blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment