Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Chuseok Report

Right now it's the first day of Chuseok, which is Korean Thanksgiving but carries the same social importance as Christmas to us. Pretty much everybody gets three days off work and everyone returns to their hometowns to see their relatives and make food for their ancestors. (read: nationwide traffic jams)

However, I'm an outsider, so I'm observing this important holiday by going to a theme park :S

This past week was absolutely crazy. First, I regrettably had to handle a sensitive issue with a friend of mine, and then I got a sore throat. Then, immigration thought I was working illegally in Korea and wanted me to pay a fine and visit the ministry of education in Muan, and now I've lost my voice. And it's still 30 degrees. What a week. 

At least I was able to find a Ya Kun Kaya Toast in Seoul, which means some legitimately delicious milk tea :)

I'm a little bit jealous of Hyeong Ah. Her in-laws don't really treat her nicely so of course this time of year would be stressful because once a woman gets married, she'll celebrate every holiday with her in-laws. However, Hyeong Ah is playing the baby card, so she gets to stay home in Damyang while her husband goes away :) lucky! I told her she should order some pizza and watch movies, to which she replied, "yes, I plan to grow a couch potatoe this weekend" How cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment