Thursday, August 8, 2013

English Camp: Second Impressions

Hi again folks,

English camp is going swimmingly. Today is cooking day, so I'm going to be making some Rollkuchen and watermelon with my kids (when I showed Mimi a picture of Rollkuchen she said, "Oh! That's Korean" lol). Mmm can't wait. I looked at the weather for this week and it's supposed to get really hot (humidex makes it 46 degrees) tomorrow and the day after. Yeesh. A good day to go to the movies or play video games in my opinion. The heat really takes it out of you....yesterday I went to bed at 7:30pm! Maybe it's the jetlag too... Not sure. 

Yesterday was sports day, so I came up with a bunch of games and relay races to do, like ski lift, the human knot, and seeing how many people we could fit onto a piece of newspaper. In the afternoon we played some wet games outside, that was a blast and I think the kids had fun. The teachers don't want to do it again next week though, lol. They were too hot and worried about the kids overheating. 

My students keep calling me handsome. No wonder I like this job. One of them said I look like Chris Evans haha. 

-----------------

Okay, so I wasn't sure if I should make another post or not, but I've decided to just add on to the one I wrote this morning. 

Today was cooking day and I figured it would be easy enough to make Rollkuchen with my students. After all, it's just mix, roll, cut, fry. 

Turns out I overestimated the entire thing. 

Let's just say there were several environmental and human factors that influenced the final product away from being successful and authentic Rollkuchen. I wasn't happy. 

1 comment:

  1. And we even practiced at home. What could possibly go wrong???
    Mom

    ReplyDelete