Thursday, August 15, 2013

English Camp: Grade 3/4 Version

Hi Folks,

This week of English camp is for the grade 3/4 students (with a ratio of like 3:1 lol). 

Yesterday was science day and I made a big mistake and didn't remember to halve the recipe I was using. (Also Koreans don't know Imperial measurements at all...) so I almost didn't have enough glue for the second class!! Luckily I was able to salvage enough for it to work out. Phew. Now I have a ton of Borax that I don't know what to do with... Maybe the science teacher could use it. 

Tomorrow evening Mimi, HyeongAh, myself and my co-teacher, JeongHyeon will go to a karaoke place lol. We've talked about it for a long time, but we finally set a date. However, HyeongAh went to the hospital on Saturday because something was up with her baby, so maybe she won't be able to come because she's supposed to play it safe. If you could say a quick prayer for both of their safety, I'd appreciate it. 

I had a really interesting chat/catchup with Johnny on Sunday; we went out for dinner after I preached. We talked about my observations that tourists on the Oregon coast (read: representative of Americans in general) are super polite and courteous. Now that I think about it, I wonder if they're not more polite, but I'm more rude after being in me-first-me-only-me-now Korea. 

Anyway, to make a long conversation short, we both appreciate that Canadians and Americans are open, friendly, accepting, and treat others with equality. We like that people realize they aren't the only ones in the universe. It's nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment