Jeju island is touted as a natural, clean, spacious place for holidays. It actually reminded me of Canada, on account of the wide open spaces and the pastures (fresh water is hard to come by, which is why the island isn't overrun with rice paddies). One thing that sort of bothered me was the trees though...there's plenty of trees but as you drive, you can see they were all planted in rows like corn. Kind of detracted from the natural vibe.
Anyway, some highlights:
- There are some hiking trails that criss-cross the island. We hiked one of them and it was stunning. The island is really cliff-y, but there were some stairwells for "beach" access.
- We went to a lava tube, which is a giant gave formed when a lava flow hardened and collapsed on itself, creating a big long cave.
- We watched a child-labour-laws-violating circus show with Chinese acrobats. They had a giant, metal, spherical cage and they drove motorbikes around in it!
- We did eventually go to the beach, but it was raining. Nice, clear water though.
- I saw the new Star Trek movie while the others went out to get plastered. It's a really good movie, I highly recommend it.
If you want to see some pictures, try my Facebook page, as I am at my limit for data on this blog. I'm trying to set up a tumblr account, so in the future, you'll be able to easily see pictures there.
No comments:
Post a Comment