Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Midweek Update

A few stories.

First, I fear I might need to repair my bathroom sink. It's a Korean style faucet, which means there's one handle to control the water flow and temperature, and one knob to direct the flow of water through either the spout or through a rear hose connected to a shower head. Korean bathrooms are wet-style, which means the entire room is supposed to get wet when you bathe.

Anyway, I think the washer inside the water flow knob has failed. I used to only be able to turn it 180* but now it can go a full 360*. I am still able to use it to direct the flow of water, but now I have to push or pull the knob.

- I'm going to Jeju island tomorrow. Be back Saturday. It's part of my contract, this is a business trip.

- Most of the time I hear standard Korean being spoken on the streets. However, my island-born mentor teacher uses the humorous-but-somewhat-whiny South Jeolla accent. I personally find it cute and endearing, lol. Must be a Korean thing.

- My good friends Shane and Alana got married this week (to each other no less!). I'm very happy for them and I know they will be happy too.

- On a similar note, I'm getting a little more...concerned about my future and who it involves. I mean, one by one my friends are settling down and marrying, yet I am alone at the moment. To be honest, I feel a little like the clock is ticking, like I'm almost running out of pages.

- On a less serious note, one of my students coloured a picture of a tiger and gave it blush, lipstick, and eyeshadow. It was hilarious. She even wrote "Yoo hoo~~!" In a speech bubble. "Teechah! So sekshi!" she said.

- Recently, it has become cloudy and rainy, which makes the whole area look like the valley. I miss home!

- I agreed to preach on Sunday. On what? Not sure yet.

1 comment:

  1. First of all, when you come back to Canada you get to live a whole year over again, so don't be so anxious about the clock ticking. Secondly, you little sneak, I just hungout with you today and you never mentioned you are preaching on Sunday. Leave them wanting more... mom

    ReplyDelete