My school is gearing up for this semester's English contest. We will send 3 students to compete at a municipal contest, and the winner(s) will get to go to China, to compete on behalf of Damyang-gun (county).
Yesterday one of my students said my hair was awesome. The self-esteem boost since coming here has been through the roof.
There was a humongous garlic harvest recently, so one can see truck after truck piled high with garlic stalks and illegally parked. All the housewives gather round and cackle/barter and then the reseller uses a cleaver to chop the bulbs from the stalks. I wonder what will be in season next month.
This morning I discovered another unwelcome mosquito in my house. How did you get in, bandito? I kill you!
HyeongAh told me they will come from the sink.
Today after the teacher's workshop, we drove back to Gwangju in HyeongAh's princess-pink sub-compact. Mimi wasn't in my group today, so she told us about her workshop class. She said they talked about men and what they wanted in a mate.
Then that's what we talked about for the rest of the ride, lol. Since Mimi and I are single, we asked HyeongAh for some advice. Then, I asked HyeongAh what her best date was like with her husband. She told us about a time when they took a trip together and he was so focused on and devoted to her. Mimi was wriggling with delight in the front seat as the romantic details flowed. I always look forward to the times we drive together.
No comments:
Post a Comment