Hi folks,
Today I have the opportunity to go hear the Canadian ambassador give a speech while he is in Gwangju. I was thinking--how do I address him? His name is David Chatterson in case y'all interested.
So I've hit a dry patch/rough spell in terms of creativity for lessons and things like that. It's really frustrating to be seemingly out of ideas, especially when I haven't planned things far in advance. However, I took a look at some Azar books I have (they're pretty canonical in the TESL world) so I think I can use them. In fact, I'm pretty excited about today's lessons.
I've also been reading a lot of posts on the Waygook.org website, which is a popular e-hangout/resource brain for English teachers here in the Korea. Some people have some really good advice about this biz, which comes from experience. The point is, I'm going to try and simplify my lessons, make them a little easier. I guess grandiose ideas for after school lessons don't really work.
Ugh...I'm blogging on the bus and somebody reeks of cigarette smoke.
In health news, the exercise regimen I'm undertaking is having a bit of a setback. Context: when one goes abroad, one tends to consume an excess of one's own culture's food, especially comfort food. This of course has led to a lot of weight gain with myself. I am also lacking sufficient muscle strength in my hips, core, and lower back, all of which have come to haunt me after I exercised hard on Friday. My back has been very uncomfortable for a few days now, and since my body is injured, it has raised its core temperature, which means I'm always hot, sweaty, in pain, and thoroughly agitated. Blech.
But today it was showing some signs of relief. I found some stretches online that are showing some promise.
hey David, I find that many teachers I work with go to Pinterest for crafts and teaching ideas. Maybe it will be your water in the dryness.
ReplyDelete