Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Midweek update

Here's some quick updates. Sorry, I don't have pictures at the moment:

- This week my topic for my English class was "school", and with a flash of inspiration, I designed a photo scavenger hunt for my students to complete. I wasn't sure if it would be a huge success or a total disaster, but it ended up being a huge success! The kids went wild over it. I came up with a rule sheet, scoring grid, and a checklist of places in the school they had to go and take a picture in. They got one point for having everyone in the shot, one point for holding up their mini-whiteboard with the correct room written on it, and a bonus point for having someone who works or has something to do with that room in the shot, as well as a bonus point for a creative pose. They were supposed to send me their photos via e-mail, so I'm hoping they actually do, otherwise no one will get the prize on Tuesday.... It's supposed to be fried chicken ;) But... I talked to my mentor teacher, the one who is responsible for getting me my school supplies (all $1500 of budget worth), and she said she has to ask the principal for authorization on everything... Hopefully he goes for the chicken thing, otherwise my head will roll haha.

- My roommate has the weirdest sleeping schedule... he went to bed after 5:30am (!) and I'm pretty sure he isn't studying for anything... maybe he just lacks discipline.

- I'm somewhat confident that I ate one of my earplugs last night :( I hope this isn't true.

- I'm planning to give my kids a Halloween party next week, and I hope that it'll go well. I doubt they'll be able to bring costumes, so I hope they don't get pouty if other kids have them.

No comments:

Post a Comment