Sunday, December 15, 2013

TaLK Farewell Tour

Hey Folks,

This post comes to you from Jeju Island, where  I am currently partaking in the farewell conference for TaLK scholars who are departing in January of next year. 

To be honest, I don't really know most of these people, since the group is composed of TaLK scholars from all over the country. However, after today's lunch, I'm somewhat happy I don't. I've heard it said that countries like Korea that have a booming market for TESL jobs attract some of the craziest people from overseas. It's true. These people are really weird... I wouldn't want them teaching my kids. 

Anyway, I'm hoping this weekend will be nice. Jeju is sunny and the temperature is warmer than Gwangju. The air feels fresh :)

We'll be doing a lot of sightseeing this weekend and we have a bit of a ceremony this weekend. A nice time to say goodbye to everyone. 

1 comment:

  1. We hope you have a wonderful time saying good bye to people in leadership who have given you a tremendous experience by offering this contract to you. They took a chance on you too, and you proved to yourself and to them that you are adaptable and genuinely interested in their culture, their country and the children of their country to work hard at providing a great experience for the children you taught and still are teaching. God has blessed you there no doubt! Mom

    ReplyDelete