One thing I didn't expect was for all the other teachers to throw a Christmas party for their students on the same day I was doing mine. -.-
We sang Deck the Halls together, then I gave them some cloves and oranges and we made those Christmas oranges that are studded with cloves. My students rudely wrinkled their noses at the smell of the cloves, but made some nice oranges anyway. I gave them some prizes based on the number of reading log certificates they had completed, and we are some Christmas cake together.
We took a picture together, but it didn't really turn out well so I don't want to put it on Facebook. My kids make for the worst photographs unless you take candids....
Anyway, that was the last after school class. To be honest, I feel mixed feelings towards this ending, but I have to remind myself that I came to Korea to teach English, not to earn the affection of children.
Anyway, we have 2 weeks of camp, and then it's goodbye Korea. :) :(
No comments:
Post a Comment