Wednesday, December 18, 2013

It's Gonna Be a Bright Sunshiny Day

How are you?

Things are going well.

Here's why:

- Recently, I found out that the video I submitted for the highly suspicious TaLK movie clip "contest" won a bronze prize. I placed 6th out of 13 participants and 6th out of 7 medal winners. Not bad :)

- Christmas is in one week! I can't believe it's so soon already. It's kind of nice to know that everything is taken care of though. Gifts are bought, mail is sent, reunions planned, decorations up (my family sent me a small model fireplace with tiny monogrammed stockings hanging from it), music is playing, etc. All we need now is some snow, which we should have gotten by now with all the farmers seeding the atmosphere and stuff.

- Today was just a funny day of classes. Today I co-taught grade 4 which is something I very rarely do. Their comically dubbed English educational DVD and being in a class of 25 Korean grade 4 students singing Feliz Navidad and stumbling over the Spanish lyrics was just so comical (in a nice way). In my after school class we finished the first level of a multi-level phonics textbook series. My students were so happy until I pulled out the level 2 book, lolz. They only have one more class, it's not the end of the world.

- I got my exam score result from my I/O psychology professor. Positive!

- Yesterday my grade 6s and I had a really great chat in English about the Christmas party I'm hosting next week. It was very positive and I'm so impressed with their abilities. These days we play Rummikub after school together and it's a fun bonding time.

1 comment:

  1. What a great post eh? Lots of things to be thankful for! We are so extremely thankful for you and that God is right there with you every step of the way. Love mom

    ReplyDelete