Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Typhoon Kito

Hi folks,

Just a quick update:

The typhoon that was supposed to come over the weekend didn't arrive until yesterday (TKO), and it was much underpowered. Seriously, the leaves weren't even rustling. Disappointed--last year we had a much better show. 

Performance day is coming up at my school, and Mimi wants my grade 3 class to do something. She suggested doing a song, so I spent a while researching songs that would be both catchy and easy enough for grade 3 students to sing, but in the end they weren't chosen. Mimi wanted stuff the parents would probably know, so we will be doing a medley of kiddy songs. 

I really enjoy the few golden moments that I can spend with my students outside of class. Sometimes I will see them lollygagging about, and then I get to talk with them or help them if they are having issues. Today some of my grade 5 boys were trespassing and playing with some stray puppies. It's these kind of moments that are my absolute favourite part of being a teacher, despite them not occurring in school. 

Today my grade 5/6 class impressed me so much! Our grammar focus was on the present continuous ("I am running") and the students really got a hold of it and made it their own. I was so impressed that I gave them a public commendation and gave them two candies each (normally I don't give candy, and especially not if they ask for it). 

Okay, that's about it for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment