Monday, October 14, 2013

KOTESOL 2013

This past weekend I went to an international conference of KOTESOL members, mostly non-Korean English teachers, held in Seoul. There were many seminars and workshops as well as a few plenary sessions. It seemed like a TKO the first day because there were so many changes and alterations to the already published schedule, but the quality of speakers made up for it. 

I went to this thing for some professional development but also to seek some more direction in my own career path. One of the plenary sessions was about reflective practice, the taking of steps, as a teacher, to examine one's practices and critically reflect on them for future improvement. The same speaker also delivered a plenary session on career path trajectories for teachers--that one gave me much to think about!

The conference was held at a university, and one of my favourite moments of the weekend was seeing the huge long line of non-Koreans snaking out the door of the Subway restaurant at lunch time. I went myself 3 times :)

I also enjoyed being able to start up water cooler conversations with people....that's something I miss. 

Anyway, that was my weekend. This morning I heard my alarm, closed my eyes for ONE SECOND and all of a sudden I had only 10 minutes to get ready for work :( 

I hope today won't be one of those days. 

Take care!


---------

Oh and today is thanksgiving. Holidays pass by with no fanfare here :(

No comments:

Post a Comment