Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Big News

Hi Folks!

Lately I've been stressing about a couple of things. I've been worried about money lately, because it seems like even though I scrimp and save, I'm still only able to gather just a small amount to pay off my debts back home. I mean, it just feels like a drop in a bucket sort of thing. 

As well, the end of this contract period is coming up soon, and I've been wanting some reassurance that God is with me on this particular path of life's journey. 

In addition to that, I'm really worried that my school won't let me do a few hours in advance, so I can use my much cheaper, already purchased plane ticket instead of having to rebook it for Saturday. This matters because it'd cost hundreds of dollars more to get a new ticket and because it would conflict with going to Cannon Beach with my family (this is crucial). 

I've been praying about all of these things, especially the last one. I've requested a sign from God. 

--------- 

Recently, I had asked HyeongAh if it would be okay it I could work some of my hours on earlier days so that I could leave a bit earlier than when my vacation time starts. She wasn't sure, because she doesn't have the authority to grant me that request. She said she would ask Mimi. 

Anyway, that was a long time ago, and I didn't hear anything about it for awhile. 

I asked again recently, and she advised me to ask Mimi directly. 

So I asked Mimi today. I happened to catch her in a great mood (she's always in a good mood, unless her grade 6s are being brats). She said she would go ask the principal right away. So she did. I prayed. I was nervous because when I went to get my vacation time sorted out with my principal and vice, they were being sticklers about it. 

She came back to the classroom. 

"David, I'm so sorry. You can't go." 

My heart sank. 

Then she sat down, turned to me, and said "I'm kidding, the principal said yes, you may go early". My heart leapt. I didn't know what to do, so I just buried my head in my hands for a little bit, lol. Mimi said the principal emphasized with my plight and understood that it would be a lot more money to change the flight.

So much has been happening this week and all at once. As I was writing this post, I realized that God had delivered on the sign that I asked him for. He is still with me. His favour is still upon me. 

----

In addition, my grade 6 girls were drawing on the board while I was talking with my co-teacher. They had re-written my class objectives to read: 1. Art Time 2. Game Time 3. Ice cream time. 

I was really happy at this point and was feeling spontaneous, so I said we would do the new plan, except art time because we didn't have enough class time. My co-scholar and I took them to a convenience store nearby and I got them some ice cream. Ah, what a wonderful day :):):):):)

2 comments:

  1. Yay!! I'm happy to hear this! This must be a load off your shoulders now.
    Don't you just love how people are able to joke around with you in moments like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. praise God for the answer to prayers.

    ReplyDelete