Today it was particularly beautiful after lunch, and as I was walking with Hyeong Ah, my English teacher, I told her how in North America we consider the robin to be an indicator of Spring's arrival. I asked her if there was a similar such custom in Korea, and she said in Korea, there is a saying about how the frogs will wake up when Spring comes. Interesting!
On a less happy note, today is a homesick day. I haven't had one of these in awhile, but I guess it should be expected in an emotional cycle. Perhaps on a related note, I keep having dreams about Japan and Tokyo Disneyland/Sea--pretty strong feelings too. Something to think about.
I bought some strawberries yesterday (they were on the quick sale rack at Homeplus, 1kg for $4.70). I took them home, washed, dried, hulled, and then froze them on a cutting mat and then put them in a freezer bag to keep long term. I don't know where Korea is getting them from, but Strawberries are in season now. Tender, juicy, and sweet. They're just delicious!
No comments:
Post a Comment