Hi All,
So I just finished the first week of a new semester. Here's some details:
- My classes have basically doubled in size. I went from about 10 students total to 26. I personally doubt it will stay at this many students for very long, but for the time being, it's a new challenge. They seem quiet and not very talkative, perhaps because it's only the beginning of the semester, but I enjoy seeing them again. They're just so cute!
- I have two co-teachers this semester. One of them I will only see on Friday, because he's going to school at CNU on the other days. The other co-teacher happens to be my boss, my English teacher. I was a little intimidated to be teaching with her, because she has much more experience than I do, and she's older than me, and she's my boss, but I think it will be just fine.
- The first lesson I gave wasn't so hot, and my English teacher suggested I use some of the classroom textbook resources to create a monthly plan (East Asians won't criticize you, but they will suggest), however I've already planned my lessons for several weeks in advance now. I guess I just needed some steam to get the ball rolling. Today's lesson actually went really well, and I'm super happy about it.
- I moved into my new apartment last week Thursday. It's a really nice 2 room apartment (the kitchen is one room and the bedroom/living room is another) and it's seriously 3-5 minutes from the bus stop as opposed to the 15-20 minutes it took before. I like living here a lot. The only downside is the water pressure is lower than the dorm, and the soundproofing is pretty bad (you can hear people walking around and stuff), but other than that, it's a clean place, a semi-quiet street, there's a big mart nearby, and it's still within walking distance of transportation routes. Plus, it's got fast internet and it doesn't throttle YouTube!
- There was a party for the international students at CNU the other day. The new North American students are from America (East Coast), and the new TaLK scholar in Damyang is from Utah.
That's about it for today :)
Oh, and the weather has dramatically improved, almost overnight. It felt like it was 15 degrees today, seriously. Goodbye winter!
No comments:
Post a Comment