All watches are safe.
It poured and it winded (?) and it caused garbage to fly around all over the place. Boy was it ever fun! In order to get to my second class on Monday, I have to take a path through the woods. However, there's a big depression in the sidewalk, which created an ankle deep puddle. Irene and I went there and hung around, waiting to see people's attempts at crossing such a treacherous and devastating hazard. It was comical to say the least. We were wearing flip-flops and shorts all day, so it was awesome walking around and splashing about in all the puddles.
My favourite part of yesterday was walking around and seeing discarded, destroyed umbrellas all over the place. Every time I saw one, I felt like I was witnessing some of the carnage wrought by this battle-hungry typhoon. It was as if the umbrella's owner had fought bravely and valiantly against the storm but lost the fight and was simply blown away in the storm, never to be seen again. The only trace left was evidence of failure to conquer the elements.
In other news, I'm teaching my kids about colours this week. Today was primary and secondary colours, tomorrow will be intermediate colours. I'm trying to decide between teaching aquamarine, gold, salmon, etc. or blue-yellow, yellow-green, red-purple, etc.
Also, I saw an old Korean woman walking along the sidewalk with her purse on her head, African-style.
And finally, Irene's roommate arrived yesterday. Her name is Loan, (lo-anne) and she's also a UFV student. She's in a few of our classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment